Cooking flavorful dishes is always a rewarding experience! It’s a easy reason to bring friends and family together.
In my ‘Spice it Up Rub It Down’ e-cookbook, it’ll take you through various recipes using either the Nola Creole Rub, Ancho-Chile BBQ Rub, or my Citrus Herb Rub. Today, we are talking all things BBQ. As we all know, it’s summertime! The grills are out and everyone is cooking outdoors. The Ancho-Chile BBQ rub contributes well to cooking outdoors, but this particular recipe can be used for brunch or even dinner indoors.
The sweet potato and lobster hash has been known to be a crowd pleaser. It’s an easy recipe for any skill leveled cook to execute for their family and friends. Sweet potatoes sautéed with onions, peppers, garlic, mushrooms, and a flavor BBQ rub. Let's not forget the sweetness of the lobster to make this dish well rounded.
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced 2-3 tbs Ancho Chili BBQ rub
- 1 lb lobster meat
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a 12-inch sauté to medium heat. Add olive oil and butter. Add diced sweet potatoes. Sauté for 10-15 minutes. Add onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, garlic, and ancho chili BBQ rub. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- In a separate pan, sauté mushrooms with 2 tbs. of olive oil. Season with pepper. Once caramelized, season with salt.
Note: seasoning mushrooms with salt too early can cause moisture and prevent caramelization.
- Add mushrooms and lobster meat to sweet potato mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes or lobster meat is cooked. Add scallions. Taste for seasoning adjustments.
- Serve with eggs as a great brunch dish. Enjoy!!