When it comes to eating salmon, I prefer king salmon over any other type of salmon. Alaskan salmon is a great source for lean protein and is packed with omega-3’s fatty acids. Many questions arise in a gym setting. What’s a good fish to eat? Wild Salmon is always recommendable because of its healthy content.
I eat mustard greens raw too! The spicy bite balances the sweetness of the salmon. Also the earthiness of the mushrooms and radishes adds a nice bite too! Don’t forget to squeeze fresh lemon to brighten up the flavor of the fish. In this piece, king salmon is paired with a mustard sauce, wild mushrooms, and mustard greens.
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 2 tbs. Creole Spice
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 6oz king salmon6 oz wild mushroom
- 1 cup heavy cream2 tbs whole grain mustard
- 4 heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 3-4 tbs. butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 4 red radishes, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a stainless bowl, add creole spice, olive oil, and salmon. Marinate and set aside.
- In a 8 inch pan, Add butter on medium heat. Add mushrooms. Season with pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt. Set aside.
- Quarter tomatoes and slice radishes.
- In a 2qt. pot, Add 1 tbs of olive oil and 1 tbs butter. Saute shallots and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add chicken stock, thyme, and heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove thyme. Blend and strain into bowl. In the same pot, add mixture and whole grain mustard. Reduce by half. Swirl in 2 tbs of chilled butter until emulsified. Taste for seasoning adjustments. Set aside.
- On medium high heat, Add olive oil and butter. Cook salmon skin side down. Reduce the heat to medium. Do not move fish. Cook for 4 minutes. Flip over and squeeze lemon juice on the fish. Cook for a another 2-3 minutes.
- To assemble: Place 1oz. of sauce down in the center of the plate. Add salmon on top. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, and sliced radishes around. Garnish with micrograms. Enjoy!!